Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My First Blog

Ok, I've been thinking about starting a blog for awhile now and decided that today is "The Day." So let's get to know this Fortney Family.

Tiffany:



Well, I'll start with me, because I know myself the best! I love my family!!! Mark and Mj are my world! I love making them happy! I'm not the best cook, but I'm learning! (Rachael Ray is a life saver!!!)
I love to scrapbook and I drive Mark and Mj nuts because I always have a camera taking "scrapbook pages."
I love competition. I played sports in highschool and college and enjoy a good game of Settlers of Catan and our Thursday night bargain bowling. I'm learning to be a good loser since Mj has inherited my competitive genes!=)
I also love music! I teach piano and have 14 students. I love being a stay-at-home mommy to Mj! I can't imagine missing out on his crazy sayings and just watching him grow!!
I also love ketchup (see the picture)! I could have ketchup on almost anything!
Most importantly, I love my Lord Jesus Christ! I pray that I can be more like Him every day! My life verse is Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on thy own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct our paths."


Mark:



Well, he is the love of my life (since I was in 7th grade)! Mark does railroad construction for his dad's company. He also has a side job of doing different construction projects on houses. He enjoys his "home projects" around our house, too. Right now he's remodeling our bathroom (I'll post about this soon).
He's a hard worker, wonderful husband, and terrific father!
He enjoys teaching our youth group's Sunday school class and getting to know our teens better!
He can be a goof ball, but that's why I love him! He is my best friend and I thank God for giving him to me!


MJ:

I can't believe our little man is 4 years old! His birthday was in February! I thank God every day for giving us Mj! He is a miracle sent from God! Mj is full of spunk and personality! If he sits still for 2 minutes, that's amazing!!!=)
He loves Thomas the Tank Engine!
If you ask him today what he wants to be when he grows up, he'll say a firefighter!
He has a tender heart and enjoys learning! Mark and I pray that he will come to know Christ as his personal Saviour at a young age!! We can already see Mj starting to understand what Christ did for him on the cross! He enjoys Sunday School and listening to the Bible stories, especially the stories of David and Goliath and Jonah!
He is a special boy and I love him so much!



Well, that's our family! I'm looking forward to blogging and keeping people informed on what's going on in our family and maybe meeting some new friends as well! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails