Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Busy Weekend!

On Saturday, we took my brother-in-law Jon to Philly to UPenn for his second year of law school! (Yes, he is brilliant!=) ). We had a great time hanging out with Jon in the car while we were stuck in traffic on the Schuylkill!!!! We got him moved in and then took Mj to his surprise - the Philadelphia Zoo!!! Of course, we would pick one of the hottest days of the year to do that! We had a blast though! Mj's favorite animals were the giraffe and zebras. Personally, I enjoyed the monkeys and the polar bear! Mj was so funny. He would run from animal to animal! He couldn't watch them for more than 5 seconds because there were more animals to see!=) He actually didn't mind the snakes. We even got to see one exercising! The bats freaked both of us out! They're so gross and big!!!! We really did have a wonderful time and it was great just being together as a family and watching Mj having so much fun!

Monday, I celebrated my 28th birthday! Man, I'm old!! I still remember when I thought 30 was old and I'm getting closer to that number! I was able to have lunch with my friend Sonja from college. She was down visiting her cousin who lives close by. Then Mark and I went out. We planned on going to the Brownstone Cafe, but when we were walking in we saw the Elk Theater next door was playing the "Bourne Ultimatum." Yeah, so we watched the movie. The movie was over at 9:20 and since Middletown is not a hoppin' place everything was closed!! We hadn't eaten yet so we decided to run to Hershey and eat at Applebees! Delicious!!!!!!!!!=) We had fun being spontaneous which we never are and eating at 10:30 at night!=) I know we are the party animals!!!=)

1 comment:

The Hefflefinger's said...

Please...! If YOU are old, what does that make ME...?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails