Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Redeeming Grace

This was a song on the new WILDS CD, Rejoice! that we bought and heard at camp. The words are so good, so I thought I'd share them with you. Praise God for His redeeming grace!

Before the mirror of Your Word,
I stand, O Lord, in shame.
For there I see my sinful self,
My proud and foolish frame.
yet in the presence of my God,
My state I shall not fear;
For robed in Your own righteousness,
Like You I shall appear.

By You, O Lord, my thoughts are known,
By You my heart is seen.
Yet by Your love and sacrifice
My soul has been made clean.
So now in gratitude I bow
Before my Father's face,
Adorned in robes of righteousness
And garments of Your grace.

May I reflect the glor'ous light
Of Your redeeming grace,
And radiate the righteousness
Of Your most holy face.
Until I reach my heav'nly home
And gladly take my place,
May I reflect the glor'ous light
Of Your redeeming grace;
Of Your redeeming grace.

Amen.

Words by Duane Nichols

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails