Thursday, September 13, 2007

Remembering.....

This is something I don't normally talk about, I guess because it still hurts. 6 years ago today, my mom passed away and met Jesus face to face. In the summer of 2000 my mom was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. She never drank alcohol, but a few people get this disease without drinking. In January of 2001 she was put on the organ donor list. She had gotten some calls for livers, but the Lord had a reason that she could not get one. By August 2001, she was very ill. We weren't sure if she would be able to be at my wedding on August 11, but the Lord is good. My wedding day was the best my mom had been in months! She was coherrent, she knew what was going on, she was even able to light the "mom's" candle at my wedding with help! The Lord is good to have given her and me that special blessing. However, the Lord saw fit for her to become worse. On September 11, she was at her worst and had to be flown out to the University of Pittsburgh hospital by helicopter (they had to get special permission because of the attacks of 9-11 and no aircraft was allowed to fly). I still remember the events of the next 2 days so vividly. I still don't understand why the Lord took my mom, but He is good and she has a new body and is praising Him today!
My mom was my best friend and I do miss her. It hurts that Mj will never know what a wonderful grandma he had.
My last thought is to please consider organ donation!! It was hard when my mom was on the list to pray, because we knew that someone had to die for her to have a chance to live. I hope that I can give someone a chance to live when I die and that through that they can also get the gospel and get a "new" life.
My dad, mom, & brother at my wedding

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails