Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My God and My Friend

Isn't it wonderful to know that God is our best friend! He cares so much more for us than a human can possibly care! I've just been reading alot of verses in Psalms about God being my friend. The one I need to go to when I'm down and scared and just don't understand! I'm so thankful that I can run to Him whenever I need to and He's always there!!

I love the words to this Ron Hamilton song:

"My Very Best Friend"
Jesus is exalted; every knee shall bow to honor Him.
Praise the Prince of Heaven; join the angels and the seraphim.
Though He rules creation, even though He reigns above,
From His throne on high Jesus came to die; taste His wondrous love.

Glory to the Savior, all my praise shall be to Christ alone:
He is my foundation, He's my rock, and He's my cornerstone.
Like a mighty fortress, He is evermore the same;
Yet He died for me on Mount Calvary: now I bear His name.

Jesus sticks closer than a brother; ev'ry moment He is near.
I know He never will forsake me; He has conquered all my fear.
Jesus sticks closer than a brother; on His love I can depend.
King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conq'ring Son -
Though all of these, He's my very best Friend.

Ron Hamilton

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails