Saturday, April 4, 2009

Thomas Nelson Review - DVD Bible


I watched the Read and Share DVD Bible Volume 1 with my two year old nephew and my six year old son. They both were very captivated by it. My nephew enjoyed the animals, especially the two bunnies that were seen throughout the DVD. His favorite story was Noah and the ark. My son's favorite story was Adam and Eve. He did say that he did not like that the characters did not talk a lot. The narrarator did most of the talking. He also wanted to see Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendego.


The thirteen stories are well done. They give all the details in the story in a quick three minute video so it keeps the attention of little ones. I do wish there would have been more of an emphasis on Jesus throughout each story as I have seen with other publications.


The DVD also included fun bonus material including coloring pages, chidren's interviews, and behind the scenes video.


Overall, I think the DVD is well done. I would recommend the video for families with young children, Sunday School teachers, or day care workers. It is an added bonus to our video library. My son has already watched it numerous times.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails