Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Calendar

I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoy the Christmas season!  It's always been a favorite holiday, but I think it's become even more of a favorite having children!  I love to watch the excitement in their eyes as we get closer and closer to Christmas!  We've always done an Advent calendar with the kids, but I saw this idea on pinterest and loved it.  On the back of each number I have an activity that we will do that day (watch a Christmas movie, bake cookies, sing Christmas carols, read Christmas stories, drive around to see the lights, etc.).  I'm very excited to do this with the kids.  I'm also excited about doing a Jesse tree with the kids, too.  I read about a Jesse tree last year and loved the idea of tracing the line of Jesse through Jesus.  We'll start that tonight.  I'll share pictures of our Jesse tree as we add more ornaments to it throughout the advent season.

Our advent calendar

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails