Friday, June 15, 2012

1 Year Ago...

...we pulled into Miami with a truck full of everything we owned and started this adventure in Miami.  I cannot believe it's been a year.  Some days it seems like we've been here for such a long time, but other days it feels like we just got here.  It's been quite the adventure - meeting new friends, getting used to a new culture, working on our Spanish, getting used to the heat, etc.  God has been faithful and on those days when I'm incredibly home sick He brings someone along the way to cheer me up.  I'm thankful for the friends I've made here who have made me feel "at home".
Mark and I talk about how we never would have imagined being here, but it's funny to see how God works!  It's been amazing to see God putting those puzzle pieces together to get us here and I need to be reminded of that some days. It was nice being back in Pennsylvania last week with our family and friends, but it was an even nicer feeling to be back home in Miami.  We were so excited to see our youth group on Wednesday night and it felt good to be greeted with hugs and we missed you!  I think it helped Mark and I realize that Miami is our home now and we're really loving it.
We're looking forward to seeing how God will work in our 2nd year in Miami!
If you want to read some previous posts about our move check here and here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails