Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Jesus as a Baby...

I love my baby boy Job!  My camera loves him, too! ;)  During the holiday season (especially when I have a baby), my mind goes to the thought of Jesus becoming a baby, unable to even hold His head up, unable to sit, unable to talk, unable to even feed Himself.  And knowing that He would grow to become a man and would sacrifice His life for me on a cross so that I would be free from my penalty for my sin, so that I could have a relationship with Him.  My heart overflows with thankfulness for Him, for His wonderful and gracious gift of mercy!
I also think of Mary and Joseph and what were their thoughts as they held the Savior of the World in their arms.  One of my favorite Christmas songs is called "Joseph's Lullaby".  It's sung from the point of view of Joseph. Here are the lyrics:

"Go to sleep my Son
This manger for Your bed
You have a long road before You
Rest Your little head.

Can You feel the weight of Your glory?
Do You understand the price?
Or does the Father guard Your heart for now
So You can sleep tonight?

Go to sleep my Son
Go and chase Your dreams
This world can wait on more moment
Go and sleep in peace.

I believe the glory of Heaven
Is lying in my arms tonight
Lord, I ask that He for just this moment
Simply be my child.

Go to sleep my Son
Baby, close Your eyes.
Soon enough You'll save the day
But for now, dear Child of mine.
Oh my Jesus, sleep tight."
Words by: Marcy Heisler and John Kavanaugh.

 Makes me cry, thinking about it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails