Friday, January 11, 2013

Potty Training

I was dreading this day.  My oldest son MJ was horrible to potty train.  My memories of potty training him were most spent in tears.  Jadyn was a breeze to potty train.  She asked me one day to go potty and boom that was it.  I had heard girls were easier to train than boys and I believed it after Jadyn.  So here it is... Gabe's turning 3 at the end of the month, the holidays are over, I know he's "ready" so there is no excuse not to.  So Monday morning I downloaded the Igo potty app, stuck Gabe in big boy undies and we began.  Let me tell you the Igo potty app is awesome.  The potty would call Gabe on my phone.  Gabe would answer and the potty would say, "It's time to go Potty."  Gabe would run to the potty as excited as he could be.  The entire morning he stayed dry, but didn't go pee pee.  I put him in a diaper during nap.... still dry when he woke up.  So Mr. Potty called him on the phone.  He ran into the potty and peed!!!!!!  The next day he had some accidents in the morning and I was discouraged, but after naptime he went pee pee again.  Wednesday came and I was so sick.  I just didn't want to deal with messes and having go potty every 30 min so I stuck him in a diaper knowing that I'm probably ruining all the progress we had made.  Nope, he came to me and said he had to go potty!!!!!  He stayed dry all day Wednesday and Thursday!!!!!  I was so excited.  I took him to Target today to get a "Cars" toy for his reward.  I'm so proud of my big boy!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails