Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Our 2013-2014 Curriculum

Curriculum Week in the 2013 Not Back to School Blog Hop


It's hard to believe our school year will be starting soon.  I'm excited to see what this year has in store.  Here is our curriculum for this year.

MJ - 5th Grade

Bible: Apologia's "Who is God? And Can I Really Know Him?" I'm really looking forward to going through this 4 book series with my kids.
 English: BJU Press English 5
 Math: BJU Press Math 5
Reading: Pages in My Head from BJU Press
Spelling: BJU Press Spelling 5

Social Studies: BJU Press Heritage Studies 5 - US History at the turn of the century to present day
 Science: BJU Press Science 5
Mj will also be reading a missionary biography once a month and doing a book report on it and taking piano lessons.

Jadyn -  K5

Bible: We will be doing Bible with MJ together. She has the coloring book that goes with his book.  I know a lot of it will be above her head, but it'll be good for MJ to explain it to her and to have that time together.  On the days where MJ doesn't have Bible to do we will be watching the "What's in the Bible?" series on DVD.  I plan to have her and my 3 year old watch each episode at least 3 times and do a craft or coloring page along with each video so they are understanding it. Mj will probably end up watching these with us, too.  He loves them! =)

 
 Math: BJU Press Math K5
We will also be doing BJU Press Beginnings K5 for her phonics, reading, social studies and science.  I did this with MJ and he loved the lessons. 
 

 
 Jadyn will be taking piano lessons for the first time.
 

 
 Gabe: 3 years old

Gabe doesn't enjoy sitting down and doing "schoolwork" so I'm planning on lots of sensory bins for him.  We'll kind of take his lead and see what he enjoys to do and what just won't work. I will be using a lot of ideas from 1+1+1=1 and Confessions of a Homeschooler

Want to see what other homeschoolers are using for their curriculum this year?  Check out the Not Back to School Blog Hop. Click on the picture to check out other blogs.

Curriculum Week in the 2013 Not Back to School Blog Hop

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails