Sunday, November 16, 2014

A Look at the Past Couple of Weeks

Weekly Wrap-Up
I've gotten behind again on my weekly wrap ups, it's been crazy busy around here.  It's been a rough couple weeks.  I've felt like a failure and that the kids weren't learning anything, but the end of this week God let me see that it's not in vain.  My kids are learning and we're going to get through this rough spot.  I caught Mj teaching Gabe about ancient Egypt.  Jadyn wrote a sentence all by herself without my help - Gods wrd is speshyl.  I want to frame that and keep it forever.  At McDonalds Gabe was picking out letters that he knew.  I needed these little things to encourage me. I'm so thankful God gave me those sweet little encouragements! This homeschool mom thing isn't easy, it's not a job where there are lots of thank-you's or encouragement, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Here's what the past couple of weeks have looked like.
 
Gabe enjoyed his "M" is for monsters and minions theme. We had lots of Monsters Inc and Monsters U coloring pages, games, and activities.
I took Jadyn & MJ to Saints to try it out for a day.  It's a PE class and they loved it.  We're hoping to get them into the class next semester.

Jadyn's reading has been getting better and better.  Some days she just doesn't want to read, but other days I can't get her to stop.  She was so excited to read her favorite book, "If Everybody Did."
I am domestically challenged when it comes to sewing, but Jadyn has been wanting to learn.  I'm so thankful for Mrs. Wishart teaching Jadyn how to sew.  She sewed her first purse on the sewing machine all by herself!
Jadyn has been learning about time and the calendar.
I love using technology in our school time.  While I'm working with the big kids, Gabe usually is watching the Jesus Storybook Bible videos on youtube.
Mj's artwork he did this past week.
Job discovered his shadow.
Mj is great at making homemade mac and cheese, but I wanted him to expand his culinary skills. So I had him make dinner using one of my cookbooks. He had to have a main course and side dish.  He went all out and had a dessert and drink, too.  I gave him money and he made his grocery list and had to stay within his budget.  He made double dipped chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes, party punch, and confetti oatmeal cookies.  It was a delicious meal!
We've been enjoying the fall temps and having school a lot outside.
Job has been loving his train.  He's spent a lot of school time playing "choo-choo".
That's a quick look at what we've been up to.  Check out other homeschool blogs at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

1 comment:

Kay said...

We all have those moments when we truly wonder "what are we really doing". I am glad that God sent some grace to show you it is not in vain!! I love those moments of silver lining amidst the storms.

Related Posts with Thumbnails