Wednesday, December 12, 2007

O Christmas Tree

Last night we finally got our tree!! We were going to get our annual real tree, but the prices jumped $15!! We went to check out the artificial trees and we saw one that looked beautiful. It was on sale, but there were no more left. We asked if we could have the display. Then I noticed that the bottom lights weren't working so we got a discount!! When we got home, Mark put it together and guess what the lights worked!! The tree really does look real. It has holly berries and pine cones all over it with white lights. We bought an evergreen scented candle to bring that "real" tree smell home!=)
Mj loves to help me decorate the tree. A.C. Moore was having a huge sale on ornaments and Christmas decorations so we bought some new ornaments and Christmas ribbon for the garland. Our ornaments were all "hand-me-downs," so it was nice to get some new ones. We got maroon and gold frosted balls and some marron and gold ribbon. I added some of our favorite ornaments from family and my students. We just need to put our star on top and our tree will be complete. (Mark needs to put the star on since I can't reach the top=) ) The star is the best part of the tree anyway. My students love their disco ball!=) I'll put up a picture when we get it up so you can understand the whole disco ball star!=) It is the coolest star around!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails