Saturday, September 19, 2015

I'm So Glad This Week is Over!

Weekly Wrap-Up
It's been a rough week - lots of fighting, arguing, tempers lost, patience gone, just down right yucky things going on.  I definitely did not enjoy this week, and I'm glad to see it gone and looking forward to a brand new week next week. We all have those days, weeks, months.... So anyway, this is what our week looked like.
 
We started our week off great with some fun review with our Education blocks to review our states and capitals.
We also made some delicious peach cobbler for our study of Alabama.
Jadyn's reading has improved so much! I'm so glad we've chosen All About Reading for her.
Gabe worked on matching the uppercase and lowercase buddies.
Then this happened. My adorable 3 year old has been testing my patience since he turned 3 (he turned 3 on the 11th). He decided to do his own little science experiment and see if a whole roll of toilet could be flushed down the toilet. It can't. =(
For a moment he actually did sit quietly and color this week. It was only for a moment. Then he was back to being devious and finding trouble!
Jadyn finished her All About Spelling Level 1 this week.
It quickly went from smiles to this note when Jadyn decided to be disrespectful and disobedient. I went to talk to her after I sent her to her room and found this note. It says, "haha, Jadyn, I want to leave 9/17/15) Then there is a picture of me with an x over my face and Jadyn with an "x" over her face.  I asked what her paper meant.  She said, that we are not friends any more and she would be leaving that day.  Don't worry she did not leave and after a couple of hours we were friends again.
Oh look! Job was amusing himself and not getting into trouble for a brief moment! He actually enjoys when I get this game out and he colors sorts the beans.
Gabe got his busy book out to practice some number recognition.
He loved being rewarded with some educational app time on the Ipad for finishing school and doing a great job.
Yesterday Gabe began learning about clocks.  He was so excited!
Jadyn made a ocean habitat for science on Friday.
Every other Friday the younger kids enjoy their HomeArt Studio dvds.  Gabe learned about symmetry and made a beautiful butterfly.
Jadyn made an abstract egg.
Tuesday was co-op day. They look forward to their classes.
 
So that was our week.  I'm thankful for God's grace and forgiveness!  We've all needed it this week!  Looking forward to a better week next week!
Check out other homeschool blogs at Weekly Wrap Up.


1 comment:

Megan Russell said...

Love the ocean habitat! What curriculum do you use?

Related Posts with Thumbnails